Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19TsgGypf

Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas with the Smith's












Brian and I spent the last three weeks in Delta. Now when people hear the word Delta they automatically become bored. But being bored was not an activity we participated in. One of the Smith family traditions is to have the kids perform a skit on Christmas eve for Jacki and Alan. Brenna came up with the most hilarious skit. In a nutshell, Santa's sleigh went missing and Rudolph was framed. So Rudolph hired Jane Bond to save the day. Brian and I were the evil villains, Helga and Sven, who framed Rudolph so they could get hold of the gold covered chocolate coin market... random, but hilarious!

Another great tradition their family does each Christmas season is the twelve days. We had so much fun doorbell ditching three different families each night. It was nerve wracking because the families would be waiting to catch us, so we had to be stealth! Which, obviously is second nature for me because I'm such an athlete... Psych! Brenna, Brian's sister who has had two knee surgeries was still faster than me. I was running with all my might just falling behind... it was sad. But so fun!

Well, Christmas was wonderful and we all had so much fun playing games, rock band, DDR, ping-pong, and of course eating amazing food. It was weird to not be with my family. I missed them! But the Smith's have definitely done a great job at making me part of their family. It was hard to leave and come home, but Brian and I are excited to start a new semester. Until next time! Take care. - Abby and Brian

2 comments:

Ryan and Christina

hip hip hooray for your post so cute and looked like so much fun! We need to do some prows traditions that are fun and crazy to! Love you!

The Ostlers

What a fun family Brian has! That is a great tradition...and I must say you looked like quite the villan :) Good luck with school this semester!