Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19TsgGypf

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Visiting the Family

Brian and I decided to take a trip up north and visit the family. We got to my sister Mel’s house Friday around six and played Tetris all night long. Seriously, we played until about three in the morning. It was ridiculously awesome! Brian had never played the gold box Tetris game. If you aren’t familiar with Nintendo 64 gold box Tetris I would strongly suggest you get on the bandwagon. It’s arguably the greatest game of all time. Anyway, like always, John won. Every game. Not cool. I was proud of Brian though because my family has been playing that game since the beginning of time and Brian was able to hold his own!!


The Prows Family How cute is he?!

Sunday we celebrated my brothers’ birthdays. Everyone in the family was at Billy and Quoy’s house except for Ryan, Christina and there little girls, but we were able to talk to them via Skype. Ryan is attending Stanford and has all these crazy stories of all the ridiculously smart people he goes to school with. He just got home from a trip to Africa where he met with the President of DeBeers Diamonds. If you’re familiar with How to Loose a Guy in Ten Days, the DeLower’s, the couple who owns like 80% of all the diamonds in the world, are the DeBeers in real life… if that makes any sense. Anyway, we are so proud of Ryan and are hoping he’ll be able to support the whole family in the next few years!!


Going home is always fun and leaving is always so hard. There are so many things Brian and I miss out on because we live so far away. Our Nephews and Nieces are growing up so fast and it’s sad to not be part of everything. It makes me so sad to think that there are people out there that don’t have cohesive families. We are so grateful for all that we have and we know that the Lord’s hand is in our lives, we see the tender mercies he gives us everyday. Brian and I are still going strong with our New Years Resolutions, I think this is the most consistent I’ve ever been reading the scriptures and saying my morning prayers. It’s amazing how even a quick morning prayer can affect the rest of the day. Before saying something negative I am reminded of the Savior and refrain from making the comment. I am more sensitive to the spirit and I’ve noticed that while watching TV I pass on shows that were once appropriate. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. Hopefully we can keep up with our goals, it’s hard to remember sometimes but when you’re able to it makes the biggest difference. Well, there ya have it. We love you guys and wish the best!

0 comments: