Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19TsgGypf

Friday, May 15, 2009

Finally getting around to Spring Break!

I finally have some time to catch up so here goes!

March 17 - March 21, 2009

My Mom and Dad and my sisters Hayley and Mel were planning a trip to go visit my brother Ryan and his family in California over spring break. I wasn't going with them because I had too much homework and projects to finish before graduation. A few days before they were leaving Mel found out that her little family was being uprooted to Oklahoma and I figured this would be the last sister trip we'd have in a long time. So, I threw school out the window and joined them on this crazy road trip!

I felt bad leaving Brian behind but the distance surely made the heart grow fonder! We left on my birthday and made it safe to California. I'm pretty sure my family is cursed with bad luck because no matter how hard we try things never go as planned. We got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and my dad ended up needing to replace all four tires at an over priced gas station. My parents are on a budget, ha ha weird, I know, and they were trying to cut down on costs by staying with my brother and his family in their two bedroom apartment instead of getting a hotel. Well, that didn't work out too great because we spent $1500 on new tires! We could have stayed at the Ritz for a whole week!!!

In three days we did so much! My brother is getting is MBA at Standford and the campus is amazing!






















Christina and I went jogging around the campus one morning and it was so beautiful! The air is so much easier to breathe it was amazing how far we could go! The athletic wing of campus is to die for. There are huge pools, gyms, tracks, courses, fields, and trails. It's awesome! I'm totally jealous we're not at Standford!

While we were visiting, we went to Montara Beach. It's this little secluded area most tourists don't know about. The air and water was freezing so we didn't get in but we played on the sand for hours. Mel and I threw the football back and forth and we wouldn't let Hayley play with us cause she sucks at throwing! ha ha it's so funny! We raced up and down the beach, ate lunch and just had a really great time.











The next stop on the trip was San Francisco and Pier 39. The last time we were all here was the summer of 2006 to visit Candice Newell, the birth mother of little Greyson. It was really great to be here again and it brought back a ton of old memories. We first stopped off at the famous Wipe Out To Go van, went through Lefty's Rule and finished the trip at Bubba Gumps. We were also able to visit China Town, and walk around the city which was fun.





Summer of 2006 (top) Spring Break 2009 (bottom)